Thursday, June 3, 2010

Defeated into manipulation

I don’t think I’ll ever find someone honest enough for me

And every night spent trying to manipulate a genuine feeling

Makes me lower my standards that much more

Im slowly chipping away at the statue I’ve built

Until its nothing but a pile of rocks in the shape of a heart

Yearning to be broken again

Anyone is a possibility

And I know this isn’t the way its supposed to be

I’ve always known formulation is the enemy

But the longing for human contact is stronger than my morals

And settling doesn’t seem as bad as I once presumed it to be

You may say I am too young to be jaded

I say I am smart enough to know that dreams don’t come true

And I want to be young and in love so bad

I’ll settle for being young and not alone

No comments:

Post a Comment